At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Technology Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.You’ll be challenged and supported in an environment that embraces individual differences and rewards your best work. You’ll find everything you need to continue building your career at one of the most successful companies in history. But it’s up to you how you get there – you’ll be the one in charge, putting forward your ideas, taking on responsibilities and making choices about how to get the job done.
- As an Enterprise Architect, you will have a chance to work with the client and an Experienced IBM IT Architect to define a “Enterprise Architecture” which would form the blueprint for the client’s regional deployment.
- A holistic mind set is required to understand the various architecture domains – Business, Infrastructure, Data and Technology domain in a fast changing digital world.
- You should be experienced in Technical Architecture (e.g. infrastructure, server, virtualisation, storage and middleware)
Your task would also include reviewing each project’s deliverables,
provide recommendations to improve the robustness of the architecture
and ensure the proposed architecture meets the needs of the client in a
fast paced environment.
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent customer focus, positive “roll up the sleeves, and get it done” attitude;
- Willing to wear multiple-hats and take ownership
- Willing to pair often with colleagues in defining a solution and/or resolve client’s issues and risks identified.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Good presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail, disciplined and reliable;
- High motivation and confidence levels;
- Inclination to understand and learn application/business functionality quickly.
- Work with a team of highly motivated technical individuals to define the “Enterprise Architecture”
- Be aware of Client’s group level standards, policies and guidelines pertaining to their respective architecture that require compliance across the project work streams
- Review each project’s deliverable to ensure coherent and holistic solution for the Enterprise as well as confirming to the EA standards defined by Client
- Facilitate the adoption of the best solution option among alternatives, ensuring solution meets the client’s requirements, leveraging respective domain SMEs where applicable
- Access and evaluate the impact on infrastructure based on the solution proposed by the projects
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.